Ricoh Australia’s push into wide format proper will take place on stand D18 at PrintEx in August. Having just missed the cut for Visual Impact last year, the US$18 billion imaging and workplace solutions Japanese giant has spent time carefully refining its wide format offering, which will be presented on its 180 m2 display at the heart of PrintEx.
|This first Ricoh Pro L5160 latex was installed in June at GAM Graphics, Virginia, USA|
Covering up to 2.5 metres wide for the flatbed UV and 1625mm (64" roll with latex ink, the pair could represent a useful total sign print solution for Australia and New Zealand’s ‘sign shop central’ – the small family businesses that make up the majority of our industry.
Ricoh has already built a fine reputation in cut-sheet mono and colour sector, with levels of reliability and support that even attracted Heidelberg to choose them as their digital OEM manufacturing partner for the Linoprint range. The company also has a huge global installed base of high-volume digital web (continuous feed) machines and workflow.
Ricoh’s PrintEx campaign is based on a seemingly onomatopoeic word ‘inkerching’ which, in its own words is: “That moment you unlock cost savings through innovation with Ricoh. It’s when you do something differently, and it pays off in your print business.” Or, it could be a portmanteau combining inkling and I-Ching. Either way, it will be worth a visit to Ricoh at PrintEx to check out its new wide formats, as well as document solutions.
Flatbed UV: RICOH Pro TF6250
First up for the sign, graphics and décor markets the new Ricoh Pro TF6250 large format UV flatbed printer.
The compact 2.5m x 1.3m system is designed to help the sign and display, graphic arts and industrial sectors capture new industrial decoration, internal decoration, packaging, screen printing and personalisation market opportunities.
As to be expected, it uses Ricoh’s own powerful drop-on-demand printheads and features impressive print speeds, one-touch automated daily maintenance and diverse substrate flexibility supported by carefully designed ink sets offering a wide colour gamut and excellent adherence to a wide variety of substrates such as wood, metal and glass as well as standard sign and display materials such as Forex, Dibond and acrylic boards. Two UV ink sets are on offer; wide colour gamut for the sign and graphic market or an ink type with high adhesion ideal for industrial applications.
The Pro TF6250 has true flatbed architecture, with a moving carriage and gantry, and an industry-leading production speed of up to 116m2/h (4c draft/outdoor mode). It delivers outstanding media flexibility to accommodate substrates up to 110mm in thickness. LED curing keeps power consumption down and cures at low temperatures, allowing for use of thinner substrates without the risk of melting or warping.
Maintenance and usage are easy too, helping printers get the most out of their technology investment. One-touch automated daily maintenance cleans and purges printheads to help ensure optimum uptime. Registration pins help keep precise registration, and four individual vacuum zones hold media in place regardless of shape and size. Additionally, an auto-sensor adjusts the printheads to the correct height to maintain accuracy, and full-bleed printing capabilities eliminate the need for trimming.
Short-run packaging, promotional products, and industrial and interior décor can all be delivered with industry-leading productivity, low operating costs, superb image quality and exceptional reliability. Key specifications are:
- Prints up to 116 m2/h (4c draft/outdoor mode)
- Monthly print volumes up to 1,344 m2
- Up to 635 x 1800 dpi resolution
- Choice of Superior Colour Gamut or Versatile Ink for High Adhesion and Wide Colour Gamut UV Inks
- Four-colour, white, clear and primer provide great print versatility
- Print on almost any rigid material up to 2.5 x 1.3 m and up to 110 mm thick
- Easy to position material and easy to maintain
Latex Wide Format: RICOH Pro L5160
Ricoh claims a new benchmark in latex printing with high-speed printing and superior capabilities for both durable outdoor signage and high-resolution indoor graphics. Exceptional image quality, vibrant colours, rich blacks and high-opacity whites add to the appeal. Key specifications are:
- Prints up to 46.7 m2/h, max 64” (1625mm) width
- Monthly print volumes up to 3,119 m2
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution
- Eco-friendly AR2 Latex inks, GREENGUARD-certified with low odour and no ventilation requirements
- Available in four-colour (4C) or 4C+ high-opacity white
- Print on a broad range of permeable and impermeable substrates up to 1,625 x 30,000 mm
- Prints immediately cured and scratch-resistant, ready for finishing
Direct to Garment: RICOH Ri 1000
Also new to Australia is Ricoh’s next - generation Direct to Garment printer, built for speed, versatility and value. Fast print speeds - a full colour graphic in less than 30 seconds - and a quick-change platen enables you to rapidly switch between designs and garments.
Designed for ease of use and minimal maintenance, the RICOH Ri 1000 can be ready for production within minutes of powering up. Key specifications are
- Printable area up to 406 x 508 mm
- 1200 x 1200 dpi print resolution
- Ricoh drop-on-demand piezo-electric inkjet system
- Fabrics: 100% cotton to 50% cotton blends, 100% light polyester
- CMYK + White pigment inks with an advanced closed-loop circulation system
- Automatic table-height adjustment up to 58.4 mm thick
- AnaRIP software included for increased productivity
Ricoh invites PrintEx visitors to book in for an ‘inkerching’ discovery tour using this link: