FESPA's wide format printer 'To Do' list for 2008
FESPA has compiled five suggestions for proactive wide-format printers to add to their ‘to do’ lists for the New Year.
“As the year draws to an end, it’s useful to look forward and think positively about some of the things you need to do when you return from the festivities to drive your business forward”, says corporate communications director Marcus Timson. “FESPA’s offering to print service providers is expanding rapidly, and it can be difficult to keep an overview of all the opportunities available to our community of screen and digital printers, so we thought it would be useful to give everyone a gentle reminder!”
Here’s the list;
1. Enter FESPA’s Digital Print Awards at http://www.fespadpa.com/. A winning entry will bring international recognition for your company, a unique platform to display your best work at FESPA Digital in Geneva, and a host of valuable promotional opportunities. It’s easy and free of charge to enter, but don’t forget, the deadline is January 31st 2008.
2. Log on to http://www.fespadigital.com/ and pre-register for FESPA’s second dedicated digital event, which takes place at Geneva’s Palexpo from 1st to 3rd April 2008. By pre-registering, you’ll ensure that you’re kept up to date with all the latest show news and features, enabling you to make the most of your time at the exhibition. And if you think digital textile printing could be a growth application for you, consider attending FESPA’s Digital Textile Conference, which runs alongside the show in Geneva. For more information, click on the Digital Textile Conference button at http://www.fespadigital.com/
3. Check out your travel and accommodation options for your trip to Geneva for FESPA Digital, if you want to take advantage of budget flight and hotel offers. You may even want to think about combining your trip with a weekend of winter sports, with scores of world-class ski resorts within striking distance of the city. For inspiration, visit http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch/ and http://www.grand-massif.com/
4. Today’s printer is tomorrow’s marketing service provider, but many printers could benefit from guidance as to how to evolve their businesses. If you want to find out more about how to make the transition from print supplier to valued communications consultant, register to attend the FESPA Directors Forum in Budapest (28-29 February 2008) at www.fespa.com/directorsforum
5. To tap into the full range of FESPA educational and business support initiatives, make it a priority to join your national FESPA trade association in 2008. Membership gives you access to free industry data such as FESPA’s recent Wide Survey conducted in partnership with InfoTrends, as well as reduced price access to business conferences, publications, and a range of exclusive member offers. For a list of FESPA’s member associations, visit www.fespa.com/general-content/fespa-associations
For more information about the full range of FESPA events, initiatives and projects, visit http://www.fespa.com/.