Roland launch Versaart Wide-Format Printer
Roland DG Corporation has launched the new Versaart RS series of four-colour CMYK wide-format inkjet printers.
Featuring the latest in Roland eco-solvent inkjet technology, the Versaart series offers image quality, productivity and performance beyond that of any other printer line in its class. Versaart printers come complete with VersaWorksTM professional RIP software for precision colour management in the 64” RS-640.
“Today, eco-solvent inkjet printers are widely used in a variety of graphics businesses,” said Marc Margetts, Roland DG Managing Director. “The Versaart RS series offers these businesses advanced digital printing capabilities, allowing them to enjoy both a distinct competitive advantage and quick return on investment. The Versaart delivers the exceptional productivity and print quality required for successful in-house production, eliminating the need to outsource wide-format graphics.”
Versaart is a flexible production tool for a wide range of applications from precision design comps and posters to large, durable outdoor signs and banners. Versaart supports new environmentally friendly paper media and fabrics for profitable specialty applications as well. Featuring ECO-SOL MAXTM ink and Roland Intelligent Pass ControlTM technology, Versaart produces vivid colors and unmatched image quality at print speeds of up to 21.4m2/hr (230.3 sqft/hr.).
Roland Versaart RS-640 Series Features:
- 1620 mm 64” eco-solvent inkjet printers
- Print speeds of up to 21.4m2/hr (230.3sqft/hr) on the RS-640
- Roland Intelligent Pass ControlTM technology for unparalleled image quality at the highest print speeds
- Supports a wide variety of media for applications ranging from high-end design proofs and photographic reproductions to stunning outdoor signs and banners
- Resolutions available up to 1440x1440 dpi with variable dot technology for best results
- Fast drying, scratch resistant ECO-SOL MAXTM ink produces vivid colours and is virtually odourless for convenience and comfort
- Roland VersaWorksTM v3.0 professional RIP software ensures precision colour management
- Built-in print heater and dryer accelerate dry times
- Heavy duty media roll holding capability, up to 40kgs.
- Includes automated media take-up system
* Facilitates unattended production
* Supports roll weights of up to 30 Kgs (66 lbs.)
* Handles banner media as heavy as 470g/㎡x 50m (1.54oz/sqft x 54.7 yard)
- Automated maintenance minimizes ink, labour and downtime
- Low media shaft for easy loading and unloading of even the heaviest rolls
- Environmentally friendly
* Energy Star Certified
* Carries Roland’s Eco-Label
* Widespread ICC profile support for eco-friendly papers and fabrics
- Secure, no mess 220cc or 440cc ink cartridges
- Roland reliability and world-class service and support
VersaWorks Professional v3.0 Server Edition RIP Software Included
Built on the latest Adobe PostScript Engine, Roland VersaWorksTM professional RIP software supports Roland Intelligent Pass ControlTM technology for flawless image quality at the highest print speeds. Among its many features, VersaWorksTM includes the Roland Color System for precision spot colour matching and offers advanced cropping, tiling and nesting options. VersaWorksTM also includes Variable Data Printing, the Max Impact™ Preset for richer colour contrast, embedded ICC profile support, ink level adjustment tools and software proofing capabilities. VersaWorksTM supports Windows 2000/XP and Vista and works seamlessly with popular design software including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and CorelDRAW. VersaWorks allows control of up to four Roland printers from one personal computer. The Roland@NET auto update feature ensures ongoing access to the latest VersaWorksTM version and profiles available.
Roland DG Australia and New Zealand