Sawgrass will be breaking industry barriers once again at FESPA’s annual global print expo, as it presents a total solution to create sublimated products for outdoor applications.
Prolonged exposure to UV light has historically been a limiting factor in sublimation printing, as it results in fading of colour. Sawgrass brought its industry leading sublimation technology together with cutting edge substrate manufacturers to help create a total solution that marries high-quality imaging with high-performance sublimation products that offer UV durability.
Sawgrass will showcase this total solution throughout its booth with displays of outdoor products from two leading manufacturers imprinted using the Virtuoso HD Product Decorating System. The outdoor products on display have innovative new coating formulations that make them resistant to UV light, scratching, graffiti and harsh weather conditions. These featured products come in a variety of finishes from high gloss and smooth matte and a range of textures such as ice touch, salt lake and photoluminescent.
|Virtuoso VJ628 High-Definition Dye Sublimation|
“The ability to use sublimation products outside has a been a dream for those of us in the product decorating industry for years,” said Darcy Mauro, President of Sawgrass. “To address this challenge, we have partnered with leaders of innovative substrates to create a solution that leverages our high-quality sublimation technology to bring exceptional colour to outdoor products built for longevity. We are very excited this solution will enable product decorators to find increased profitability and better meet the needs of their customers.”
Sawgrass’ Virtuoso HD Product Decorating System is at the heart of this total print solution for outdoor sublimation products. All components have been designed specifically to work together to produce the best possible prints. They include:
• The only desktop printers on the market engineered to work with sublimation ink. With three sizes of printers available – SG400 (A4), SG800 (A3+) and VJ 628 (25”/630 mm) – they are a perfect fit for just about any outdoor panel application.
• Four formulations of SubliJet-HD inks – CMYK for the A4 and A3 desktop printers and three separate eight-colour options for the VJ 628. These high viscosity ink sets deliver the largest gamuts of colour for sublimation printing on the market, as well as deep, rich colours, neutral blacks, fine gradients and delicate skin tones.
• Virtuoso Print Manager colour management software, with RIP-like production capabilities and incredible ease-of-use - this software provides print settings specifically for outdoor panels, and manages colour based on the specific characteristics of both the printer and the inks. ICC profiles are also available for use with popular RIP software.
• CreativeStudio Online Designer, which offers a continually updated library of designs, sublimation-specific product templates direct from the manufacturers – saving thousands in software and artwork purchases.
• Ongoing support and sales/marketing education through Sawgrass’ PartnerPlus and BusinessBuilder programmes.
Sawgrass will present a wide variety of signage applications with outdoor sublimation products at FESPA Global Expo 2018, which were created with SG800 and VJ 628 printers.