Sydney's Dashing Print invests in HP to grow large-format printing business
HP has announced the installation of a fleet of new HP printers at Sydney-based customer, Dashing Print, to meet a growing customer demand for high-volume large format printing.
Avery Dennison expands 2016 "Wrap Like a King" challenge to 44 countries
Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions has announced that the fourth annual “Wrap Like a King” Challenge will run July 1 (05:00PM AEST) through to October 1, 2016 (04:59PM AEST). With the addition of Australia and New Zealand this year, wrap installers from 44 countries across the globe can submit commercial or colour change wrap projects to be judged to win prize packages worth a total of US$25,000.
Memjet and HP Inc. agree to settlement of patent dispute
In a statement from Memjet, they have stated that Memjet and HP Inc. have reached a global settlement that includes the dismissal of all current actions between the parties and a cross-license. The terms of the settlement are confidential.
Adobe launches PDF Print Engine 4 for the next-generation print production
Adobe has announced the availability of the fourth version of Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE 4), Adobe’s high-speed, high-fidelity print platform used by the leading print equipment manufacturers, and running in more than 150,000 print operations around the world.
GSC Imaging announces new website and new ink
US based GSC Imaging, manufacturer of digital water based inkjet Inks has a new web site that enables visitors to search for specific inks by entering printer model, ink cartridge number, OEM brand name, or GSC Imaging ink product codes.
Australian Visual Solutions strengthen their support team
Australian Visual Solutions has announced that they have added a dedicated Roland DG install and support person to the Perth market.
GEW launch fully aircooled LED UV curing system
With the advances in UV LED technology, the use of UV LEDs for curing in the printing process has become increasingly visible throughout the industry. The UK's GEW have taken LED curing one step further by introducing a fully aircooled LED UV lamphead.
Schawk Australia and Kayell standardise global colour around GMG
Schawk Australia, the regional deployment agency of global brand experts, SGK Inc is working with GMG and Kayell Australia to standardise local colour proofing capabilities to align with global proofing strategy.
Mimaki launch new inks and applications at drupa 2016
Mimaki has reported that drupa 2016 was a benchmark show for the company, which presented the latest in digital printing technology. This included a wide range of new inks, printers and applications.
SAi Flexi RIPs and Touch7 differentiate brand signage with extended colour gamut technology
SA International (SAi) have announced that the Touch7 extended colour gamut system is now fully supported by SAi’s Flexi and PhotoPrint RIPs (Version 10.x and higher) for the sign and print markets.
HP adds Chromatic Red Ink to new DesignJet Z-series printers
HP used drupa 2016 to announce two new DesignJet Z-series - a 44 and 24 inch multi-roll printers.1
First Massivit 3D printer for NSW
Composite Images of Artarmon, Sydney is the first POP, sign and display printer in NSW* to commit to the giant 3D machine from Israeli-manufacturer Massivit, placing the order on the spot at drupa. (* a VIC customer has also ordered).
Sign Essentials awarded Roland Partner of the Year
Sign Essentials has been awarded Roland's Partner of the Year award for 2015. The award was announced at a dinner in Sydney recently and was awarded for excellence in sales, service and support.
New media from Canon
Canon in the USA has announced the launch of four new large format media options, including three media for the fine arts and photography market, as well as a signage media that can be used outdoors.
QMS NZ officially launches in New Zealand market
QMS Media Limited (QMS) has announced that the business has completed the successful integration of QMS NZ with the recently acquired iSite Media. The newly merged entity will relaunch as QMS NZ and will be led by CEO, Wayne Chapman.
- Fujifilm launch the Acuity LED 3200R at drupa 2016
- GJS expands into Victoria with appointment of Andrew Zeiss
- Parts Overnight bring Royal Sovereign Laminator engineer to Australia to educate dealers and help customers
- VersaWorks 2016 training is coming to Brisbane
- SAi launches feature-rich EnRoute Version 6 software to offer even greater design freedom to CAD/CAM users
- New TrueVIS VG printer/cutters and high-performance SOLJET EJ-640 printer win EDP Awards
- Xaar and Ricoh to collaborate on Thin Film piezo printhead development
- SwissQprint show off Rob at drupa 2016
- Brian Fairchild, well known to the New Zealand industry and also to many in Australia, is to retire from his role as General Manager of the NZSDA
- New chalkboard film by Neschen
- Another iOS update from Apple, iOS 10, the biggest iOS release ever
- Hall 18 at the Messe Dusseldorf destroyed by fire
- Canon & Zünd Skandinavien show prototype ‘View & Cut’ solution to automate wide format finishing
- Ricoh to sell EFI VUTEk flatbeds globally
- EFI launches new, Cloud-based Fiery Navigator Software for optimised digital print business intelligence